Thursday 19 March 2015

How to get back back your bsnl internet after resetting your router

In the "how to tech" section, I usually share some small tech hacks/stuff which I come across. Today, I am using a very simple trick to start using your internet connection(bsnl broadband) after resetting your router.

So as the luck would have it, I own a bsnl broadband connection at my home which I use it for my internet purposes. I use a i-ball Baton 150M Adsl+Router to get things going. Lately, my wifi password(the network security key) got leaked across my neighbors, leaving me with no option but to change it.

But the tragedy was, I wasn't able to log in to my router's ip page(which is 192.168.1.1)  in my case as I had forgotten the login password. (NOTE- the default username and password both are "admin".)
So, I decided to reset my router before it got any late.


Now there can be other reasons too for resetting your router. May be your net connection have some unknown troubles, or you want to access the ip page but couldn't access it hence, in the case of which you would normally want it to be set in the default state which can be done by resetting your router.
(Obviously, you can change it manually, but for that you need to have an access to the router's ip page in your browser).

How to reset your router?

1)Below your router, there will be a very small hole with the name "reset". It won't get pressed normally and you have to do it with the help of a pen, a sharp object or something like that. You need to press the button for 10 seconds while turning the router OFF.

2)When you switch it on, you will see it starting normally but the "internet" led will not glow, or the internet is activated for your bsnl broadband.

So how to get your internet back? You can call to bsnl customer executive to get help. In an ideal situation, their engineer will come and set the settings accordingly to make you go. But we all know, how bsnl customer care is and how the executives there respond. Ohh sorry, they won't even pick up the phone! So, you would may be call a local "computer wala" to get you things done, obviously they charge their fees.

But you can do it for absolutely free! Simply follow these steps-

1)Open your router page by typing in the ip address of your router in the browser(It is written on the router itself).

2)Since you have had your router reset, you will have to enter the default username and password which are"admin".

3)You need to search for "WAN" settings. In WAN settings, you will have to find the "PPPoE" settings for your broadband connection. The various fields normally are- "service name", "username" and "password".

4)In the "service name" field, type "dataone"

5)For username, you will need your bsnl bradband bill. Normally, it is delivered to your home. The bill consists of two pages stapled together. The first page contains all the details about your plan, charges, monthly amount etc. While in the second page, there are account details. In the second row of it, you will find in very small letters your "username".

Few other things you need to check and keep in mind is that the bridge interface should be "activated", VPI should be 0, and VCI should be 35.

6) If you don't have the second page of your bill, you can still find your username for your bsnl bradband. Go to http://selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in/selfcare/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in. Now click "user registration for existing bsnl customers" There you will be asked your "customer ID" which is clearly mentioned in the top right corner of the first page of your bsnl broadband bill. Enter the same, then you will be asked to fill a form. After filling the form and verifying your e-mail id, login with your credentials and then in your account click "my services and then "view bradband usage", there you will find your username.


7)Enter the bsnl bradband username you just found. Then, enter the password as"password". Now save the changes you made to your router for the bsnl bradband settings. Run the quick setup wizard and verify your username and password you entered again.

8)Save everything and then try to access the web. Voila! Its working. Cheers :)

This was a very simple trick to activate internet on your bsnl bradband. I was very helpless for having no internet at my home for around five days when I discovered that all what I wanted is present in the bill!If you even have a little idea about how broadband works, chances are high that you already know this but still I am just sharing this because I don't want anyone to suffer like me. NOTE- Same is need to be done for the initial activation for your bsnl broadband.

Keep visiting :)
Subscribe the blog if you haven't till now! and get similar updates and amazing stuff delivered right to your mail.


Share:

2 comments:

  1. In "How to tech" section of my blog "Freedom To Write", I write simple tricks which I stumble upon, ease your life.
    In this post, I share how can you get back your bsnl internet connection after resetting your router. Keep visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Philosophers I love- Lao Tzu

You cannot discuss Chinese literature without discussing Lao Tzu. A great philosopher and founder of Taoism, one of the important tradition ...